This Vegan Banana Pancake recipe is a delightful twist on a classic breakfast favorite. These fluffy and flavorful pancakes are entirely plant-based, making them suitable for vegans and those with dietary restrictions. Made with ripe bananas, plant-based milk, and a few pantry staples, these pancakes are not only easy to make but also packed with natural sweetness and nutrients. Serve them with your favorite toppings for a satisfying and wholesome breakfast or brunch.
Here’s the full recipe for Vegan Banana Pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup plant-based milk (such as almond milk or soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil or cooking spray for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, plant-based milk, maple syrup or agave nectar, and vanilla extract. Stir well until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring gently until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the preheated pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look set, usually around 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan and repeat the process with the remaining batter, greasing the pan as needed.
- Serve the Vegan Banana Pancakes warm with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts (3 pancakes):
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 14g